- The imports and exports of the top 10 largest trading MNCs in Ireland was equivalent to 55.6% of GDP in 2009.
- Male full-time employment is now back to levels last seen in 1998.
- More than half of Irish bank bonds are held by Irish residents.
- The lowest 49% of income tax returns filed in 2008 paid 3.6% of the total amount of income tax collected.
- An €81 billion bank bailout will result in €53 billion of debt.
- The government deficits from 2008-2013 will generate €95 billion of debt
- The trade balance in the chemicals sector is equivalent to 99.4% of Ireland’s total trade surplus.
- There has been a 300,000 reduction in the numbers employed and a 200,000 increase in the numbers unemployed.
- Total Government expenditure in 2009 was equivalent to 57.3% of GNP.
- Social welfare expenditure in 2009 was equivalent to 20.0% of GNP.
2 days ago